15 dedicated volunteers joined up for the second Kangaroos-Saints meeting of the year.
Chair Neil Rowsell lead the streamlined meeting with reports submitted a week prior via Google Drive and email. The process enabling committee members to pre-digest details
and only ask for clarification during the meeting.
A few e-hiccups remain in the automated process with tech-savvy secretary Monica McTiernan urging everyone to embrace the “auto-magic” of calendar invitations for
reminders and updates. The pre-digestible documents include committee reports and payments needing approval by treasurer Frank Serrano.
The Michael Dobie-facilitated organisational structure chart was adopted at the meeting, paving a clear way for the two clubs to integrate.
Faster than a handball drill, the committee punched through sub-presidential and sub-committee reports.
Some highlights included;
● Glen, Will and Bruce have identified the video camera, cables and microphone to allow Figgy to hop into the digital age
● Saints chair Casey Moane was keen to emphasise AFL South Coast is ready and willing to help the team integrate into the league with the contribution of resources. A “Grants wish list” is one of the shared e- documents we’re all encouraged to use, by noting both
the item and a rough costing
● The Saints are still waiting for their data to be transferred from the Sydney comp
● Fresh off the back of training and straight into the committee meeting the Saints girls claim they don’t sweat
● Figgy is hosting an Auskick Come and Try day Sunday February 23. All associated with the clubs are urged to promote it.
● Planning is underway for a number of pre-season games. Glen says the Tathra bushfire relief game is 90 per cent likely with issues around transport. (Author’s note; Does anyone own a bus or have a friend who does? A Learjet would be fine.)
● The Saints may not play the Tathra pre-season game as it coincides with the AFLX weekend... and like any good champions, they’d like to defend their crown
● Michael reported The Figtree Hotel is keen to continue its sponsorship but a bug bear remains about club members, fans and family needing to join the Hotel’s membership program and then align it to the Roos. The last move’s so critical to show our support for the hotel, Michael may soon shoot a video to show how easy it is. Pub membership is free
● Registrations are a little like Wollongong's summer rain... A little dry but picking up. Thanks Karen
● It seems the senior men so loved the ball last year, they’re keen to hold another formal event this year. It would be a joint fundraiser without formal speeches and organised by the men’s and women’s teams. Casey requested no sweaty boys in the organising meetings... again reinforcing the Saints girls don't sweat
● Other big nights for the club and yet to be confirmed by Jane, will include a July trivia night and the October presentation dinner
● Josh has clothing well in hand, with the Saints happy to share their wardrobe
● And speaking of clothing. Sean led a strongly supported conversation about rewarding junior players at milestone matches. Yet to be agreed but 50 and 100 gamers would be presented with a polo, jacket or bag. More to come.
And speaking of more to come... We'd love your help
running the club, canteen or cooking the barbie.
Hop into season 2020 with a saintly attitude by helping your
club and community.
Figtree AFC Blog
The Figtree AFC Blog is a place to share up to date information to the wider community. Please feel free to comment on any of the posts but keep in mind the club motto Family, Fun, Footy.